A topic for debate another time perhaps.
I'm going to try posting all of my backlogged hook up stories in posthaste fashion. I've got two years of stories to share, because after all, I've written them right after the hookup, with the intention that someone at some point in time might read them.
So, starting tomorrow, I'm going to post every day or two, until I've exhausted at least a years worth of tales of tail.
Before I do, I thought I might mention what's currently gone on with me since I had my first public-ish bromance during a Lake Powell house boating adventure last Labor day.
As you may, or may not recall, I went with a group of gay dudes, and one lesbian on a 5 day houseboat adventure last Labor Day. One handsome guy, close to my age was hitting on me, and I decided to just go for it, and voila, I had an instant boyfriend for the entire trip.
It was so much fun, and I really enjoyed myself, and he and I enjoyed each other, and I felt like a silly school girl.
I knew while this was happening that it might not last or even lead to anything, and just enjoy the moment.
Indeed, after the trip, the handsome fellow and I tried to go on a couple dates, and even tried the hookup thing, but it just wasn't working. For either of us. We remain friendly, but not friends.
And that's okay.
In the meantime, I met a fellow on Grindr. We had a pleasant breakfast together to meet, and to my surprise, he was interested in meeting again. So the second date was a hike, and that went well. The third date was dinner again, and this time I asked if he might be interested in coming to my house the following weekend and doing more guy-guy stuff.
His simple one word answer "yes" left little doubt that we liked each other.
![]() |
| I googled "gay sleepover" and this image came up. |
We had take out food, then cuddled and watched a DVD movie, and neither of us made a move to escalate things. It all felt very comfortable and nice, but I finally moved in for a kiss, and that uncorked the genie from the bottle, and suddenly Mr. Comfortable turned into Mr. Passion, and my handsome new friend suggested we moved things to the bedroom.
Without getting too specific, we explored lots of pleasurable things, but failed to get each other off. It didn't really matter, as we spent the night spooning and dozing.
We've had two more sleep overs, and check in with each other via text and e-mail messages. We're both deeply in the closet, so we're trying to figure out a cover story so we can be in each other's lives outside of bedroom. I'd like to visit his house, but he's not out to a housemate, and I'd like him to visit my work sometime, but I'm not sure how to explain my new friend to my co-workers.
(If you're thinking of telling me to just come out already, save it. I'll do that on my own terms when I think the time is right, or maybe never at all, but thanks just the same.)
Thanks for sticking with me for so long.
Now, let the shit storm avalanche of hookup tales begin:
posthaste
adverb
: very quickly : with great speed

Wow, that sounds a like a dream date - love the whole DVD/cuddling/spooning combination. I hope you guys figure out a way to see each other more! It sounds really promising!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWell good for you! 4 words in that and I missed the "od" in "good" that's why I deleted that comment. Haha
ReplyDeleteJack, enjoyed the update. I was wondering about your status since that Labor Day wee-hoo weekend. Arrangements with your new sleepover buddy sound like those with my closeted buddy...I love the cuddly nights we get to spend together once in a while. We are in a "bike club" that rides in the summer, occasionally does weekend trips, and even does a winter ski weekend. That's our backstory, anyway, and it works for us. We sometimes actually travel, but since my house is available, we often just stay in. All it cost me was a new bike. Looking forward to the adventures you're about to post.
ReplyDeleteHooray for shitstorm avalanche! Picture snoopy doing his happy dance, but with my face. Oh, wait, you've never seen my face... Well you get the idea
ReplyDeleteFor some reason, I think I may have seen your face. Did you let it slip into one of your pics perhaps?
DeleteHm... I'm not too surprised... You are a master of the internet search. I'm going to nickname you jack-oogle
Delete