On line

users online

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

2 Years

It's been 2 years tomorrow, since I first met the "Amigo" for a coffee date.  We met on Adam 4 Adam, and I really didn't expect it to go much beyond coffee.  At that point in my journey, I was well skilled at hooking up, but found it nearly impossible to just have coffee and a conversation with anyone.

I didn't have any plans past coffee, and surely didn't expect to find someone that would eventually move in with me.

Because of my relationship with Amigo, I came out to my family, then a year later to my old friends, and finally, my coworkers.  I guess I'm not in the closet anymore.

It's strange that 2 years can seem like a blink of an eye, and also like forever, all at the same time.


7 comments:

  1. Very happy for you, Jack. Life is full of surprises, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it 2 years already?! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And are you happier? You sure seem like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was always pretty happy, but you're right. I think my life is better with the Amigo than without.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Can't believe it's been two years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, can't believe it's been two years! Congrats to you & the Amigo!
    BlkJack

    ReplyDelete